Monday, September 27, 2010

In Need To Crash and Bloom

I need a place to crash into once in awhile. I missed having a pad where my rules rule every square foot (next to the landlady, that is). I don't want anything fancy like aircon or a wall to wall carpet. A private TB is a must as well as a private entrance. I used to have one and the owners and me got along quite fine. My friends would crash in from time to time and I would have the freedom to come home at the break of dawn if I wanted to.

I can eat tuna and sardines straight out of the can or suddenly make rolled sushi on a whim. I don't smoke but I can burn incense without having someone to complain behind my back. I don't have a radio and my phone doubles as an mp3 player. But I can't space out the way I used to with someone constantly barging into my room with some mundane chores just to get me out of the room.

So I need a pad, a small room with windows overlooking the world below. I need a place where my books can be respectably arranged in their own shelves. I need a door thatI can keep locked when I am not around. I want a space that is distinctly me, not just a bed space with my pillow and blanket.

Finally I need a place to crash into when I don't want to deal with the rest of the world. I need a quiet corner where I can bawl over my own stupidity or laugh hysterically over a joke that most people might not find funny at all. I need a place where I can critique myself without hearing someone's unwanted 'sage' advice. I need my own space....to crash into when I want to die and to be my cocoon from which I can emerge at least a bit smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment