Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nuclear Sunshine

Baby, I tried saying goodbye

More than I could count in this lifetime.

I knew in my heart I loved you

I wonder if you feel the same way too.

Watching where your gaze strays

Praying for a moment

That it finds me

But you seem to see me too

You seem to see me too

And then it happens

Your love hits me like

Nuclear sunshine

Blazing through my veins

Burning my body

Set my soul aflame

Nuclear sunshine

I am lost in the wind

Take away my soul

Let this pain never end.

From the clouds of bliss

My world crashes down on me

Like a music box left open in the rain

The melody going the way flowers go

In unrelenting summer days

I am lost in the memory

Of forgotten afternoons

Where the roses fade beneath us

The ground shifts like sand

Until the crystal of your imagined love

Shatters with in my broken heart

Once again

So in this desolation I stand

Grieving for time lost in lies

Holding straws spun from the gold of your promises

Hoping for broken dreams

Of nuclear sunshine

That once swept my world wild and free

No comments:

Post a Comment