Monday, March 23, 2009

My journey to be has started.....

It took awhile, a long while, for me to decide which path to follow. I was born in a family where magick has a different name and it wasn't treated like something strange. I have friends who are following the Wiccan path but my heart was being led to another. I found myself unable to relate to their practices. So whatever studies I did back then was set aside as I followed a more sedate life of a language teacher.

But the call and the opportunities it threw my way just wouldn't leave me alone. The more I pretend that it is just coincidence, the more it persisted. But it was within my family that I learned most about it. My father expressed his regret that I wasn't taught well in the practice of Shamanism as he had expected my mother. His side of the family are on a different path while my mother's ancestors were shamans. But they didn't call themselves shamans. They refer to themselves as healers and then some. My father related to me the stories that my mother wouldn't speak of.

So as of now, all I wish for, is for the path to be not so dark. All I have to start with are books I can borrow from my friends. I am still looking for a guide to help me get started. Although I was told that everything that I needed is already in me, I still want to meet and learn from a teacher who will be able to tell me what to study and what not.

So I am waiting. While I am waiting, I will be studying and reading up on the path that I chose.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment